[Openmcl-devel] docs on using external-call?

Kaveh Kardan kaveh at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 5 15:53:15 PDT 2006

I am calling a C++ library from OpenMCL.  ffigen will not generate
the interface for a C++ header file, even for functions (the .ffi
file is created, but no cdb fils are generated).

This means I have to use external-call, for which I cannot find many
examples.

One thing I would like to be able to do is pass a lisp callback to a C
++ function, much like is done with:

(#_glutDisplayFunc display-cb)

But if I try something like:

(external-call "_my_func" :function #'display-cb :void)

I get an error.

What is the correct way of doing this?  And are there more detailed
examples of using external-call documented somewhere?

Regards,

Kaveh

Kaveh Kardan                 Chief Technologist
kaveh at hawaii.edu             Academy for Creative Media
(808)956-5302                University of Hawaii