[Openmcl-devel] compiling the ide

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Jun 9 12:26:51 PDT 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Joshua Moody wrote:

> Out of curiosity, I tried to compile and open the IDE today after
> downloading the 1.1-pre-060608 distribution.  I following the
> directions here:
>
> http://openmcl.clozure.com/Doc/Building-the-IDE.html#Building-the-IDE
>
> and I got this error:
>
> Welcome to OpenMCL Version 1.1-pre-060608 (DarwinPPC32)!
> ? (require "COCOA")
> > Error: #<error printing NS:+NS-OBJECT #x85D88FE> has no slot named
> DIRECT-SLOTS.
> > While executing: #<STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD SLOT-MISSING (T T T T)>,
> in process listener(1).
> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1 >
>
> Any thoughts?

I haven't touched that code in months (I keep -meaning- to), but have
apparently broken something.

> I found the same behavior in 1.1-pre-060511.

And apparently did so at least a month or so ago.

> Specs:
> Mac 10.4.6
> PowerBook G4
> XCode Version:  2.3 (does this matter?)

It's very unlikely that the XCode version matters; it's possible that
the OS version does.

Thanks; I'll try to fix whatever it is in the next day or so.