[Openmcl-devel] CLOS/C++ interface?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed May 24 15:43:14 PDT 2006

Thanks.  That wasn't what I was thinking of, but it does point out another
approach to the general problem, namely:

  a) write a C wrapper library for the C++ functionality you want to access
  b) call the C library from lisp (or Haskell, or Eiffel, or ...) using
     the existing FFI.

Judging from the screenshots on the sourceforge page, it's possible to
use that approach to do useful things.

A number of wrapper libraries exist (for wxWidgets and qt, at least).
They seem to often be a few years/a few releases out of date.  I don't
know why that is exactly; step (a) sounds like it might be hard and
hard to do repeatedly.  (I don't know; I get a bad headache just thinking
about it ...)