[Openmcl-devel] embedding openmcl into cocoa

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed May 31 15:35:18 PDT 2006

My first reaction is that this'd be hard; the OpenMCL runtime (the
kernel) wants to exercise a lot of control over the application
environment (how exceptions are handled and how memory is mapped,
mostly.)  It can exercise this control if it's "the application" (and
therefore gets control of things very early), but it seems like it'd
be harder to do so if it was a library embedded in the address space
of some other application (which may have already gotten in lisp's way
somehow.)