[Openmcl-devel] Ugly Wiki?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Oct 12 22:39:32 PDT 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I've been adding bits of content to the OpenMCL wiki as I learn things.

Thanks!

> Since I am mostly providing very little benefit, I thought I would
> compound matters further by making the unhelpful observation that the
> current wiki is a bit, er...., plain?  MoinMoin has the ability to
> look pretty snazzy (see http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/, or even cooler,
> http://visualisation.tudelft.nl/).

clozure.com (which is the same physical machine as
openmcl.clozure.com) is a somewhat underpowered Celeron running
FreeBSD 5.4.  The versions of some of the installed packages are
typically a year or two older than the current versions; IIRC, the
installed version of MoinMoin wasn't officially supported under
FreeBSD.  (It seemed to work, but there's a load-order dependency
somewhere: when the system is rebooted and Apache starts, some module
that MoinMoin needs isn't running yet; restarting Apache seems to get
thing working again.)

The machine occasionally runs out of swap space and is running out of
disk space on some partitions. A (loosely) scheduled project is to
replace the machine with a bigger x86-64 box running a more recent
OS release; that's likely to require shutting things down for a few
days while everything's migrated over.  (Maybe US Thanksgiving weekend -
which is a 4-day holiday for many people - would be a good time to do
this.)

I'm a little reluctant to tweak much of anything before then (even
something as harmless-sounding as the default MoinMoin theme).