[Openmcl-devel] Wrapped text in listener

Dimitri Simos dim at lissys.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 2 14:48:11 PST 2007

When I output a long string in the listener, the text gets wrapped.
Is there a way of forcing the listener to not wrap - like an editor
window?

But more than that, there is something fishy going on: Sometimes the
listener's horizontal scroll bar does appear while resizing the
listener by dragging, and text gets wrapped differently, but still
not fully, there is still some spillover. In case this is relevant,
I've resized my default listener size to be 42 rows * 85 columns.

All this prompted me to think of using format to output to a new
editor window rather than to a listener, but I don't know how to get
an output stream for editor windows. Andrew told me recently that to
get a fresh window I just call (ed), which works but merely returns
T, so I have no further access to it.
Now, in Fred of course, one could.... blah blah..