[Openmcl-devel] asdf location

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Wed Dec 5 22:01:02 PST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007, at 12:07 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> Right.  Should the command-line lisp look in those places ?
> Should the IDE behave differently than the command-line lisp does ?

asdf-install prompts for either system-wide or personal installation,
so both the IDE and the command-line lisp need two locations each.
Seems excessive to have four in total. I agree that using /Library/
and ~/Library/ are the right idea. I currently share an asdf central-
registry directory among several lisp implementations without problem
because the implementors have been careful to distinguish the file
extensions of their fasl files, but this might change in the future
causing no end of headaches, so I agree that there should be a ccl
specific one, which suggests /Library/ccl/asdf/ and ~/Library/ccl/
asdf/ each of which would end up with site/ and systems/ directories
of course.

I guess all of the above is just to say I agree with Cyrus more or
less, and think that the IDE and command-line lisp should use the same
directories.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.