[Openmcl-devel] Weird bug

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Wed Dec 12 12:51:04 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 12:36 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Ron Garret wrote:
>
>> 3.  (Here's where it gets weird.)  If I try to run Terminal, that
>> hangs too.
>>
>> 4.  Everything else runs normally, including X11, so I can bring up
>> an
>> Xterm (but not a Terminal window).
>
> I reported a leopard bug back in August which was never resolved where
> Terminal would hang (but X11 would not) if there were anything funky
> (e.g. non-existent directories in path) in my ~/.MacOSX/
> environment.plist file.

I don't think that's the problem I'm having:

[ron at mickey:~/.MacOSX]$ more environment.plist
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple
.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>CVS_RSH</key>
         <string>ssh</string>
         <key>SSH_AUTH_SOCK</key>
         <string>/tmp/501/SSHKeychain.socket</string>
</dict>
</plist>
[ron at mickey:~/.MacOSX]$

rg