[Openmcl-devel] New snapshots available

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Feb 15 16:31:58 PST 2007

The snapshots should contain CVS metainformation (that points to
/usr/local/tmpcvs/openmcl-dev).  To update:

shell> cd ccl           # from the lastest snapshot archive
shell> cvs login        # only necessary if you've never done so
                         # before on the current machine
# this step may ask for the anonymous CVS password and then try to
# trivially encrypt that password in the file ~/.cvspass.  If that
# file didn't exist, the message here can sound more ominous than
# it is.
# The anonymous CVS password is "cvs".  Once you have that encrypted
# in ~/.cvspass, you'll never have to do this "login" step again.
shell> cvs update -d -P

The "-d" (create new directories as needed) and "-P" ("prune"/delete
emptry directories) aren't usually necessarry, but since CVS doesn't
do either of these things unless you tell it to, using both options
is a good habit to get into.

Many Emacs distributions contain frontends for CVS; there are GUI
clients as well (with varying degrees of interoperability with
the command-line tools.)