[Openmcl-devel] Starting OpenMCL 64

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Feb 22 02:28:54 UTC 2007

Somepne ran into this (at least the same symptom) and reported it on an
internal mailing list a few days ago.

In their case, the problem was fixed by recompiling the lisp kernel:

shell> cd ccl/lisp-kernel/linuxx8664
shell> make clean
shell> make

[If the version of GCC installed is older than 4.0 and GCC 4.x is
installed, it may be  necessary to do the last step as:

shell> make "CC=gcc4" # if gcc 4.0 is installed as "gcc4"

Older GCC versions seem to have problems compiling OpenMCL's GC

The problem seems to stem from the fact that the kernel shipped in the
070214 tarball was compiled (and linked) on Fedora Core 6; previous
versions had used FC5 or earlier.

I don't know what the exact problem is; in the past, there have been
cases where a kernel linked on some version of some distro will cause
the dynamic linker on some other distro to complain that the libraries
it finds at runtime are too old/too new for the kernel.  I'd guess that
this is a related (but more severe-looking) problem.