[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL for x86 OS X

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu May 10 15:04:35 PDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, David Steuber wrote:

> Hi Gary & Co,
>
> According to this web page:
>
> http://openmcl.clozure.com/Doc/index.html#System-Requirements
>
> There are no plans for OpenMCL working with MacIntels running the 32
> bit CPUs (or any other x86 32bit CPU platforms for that matter).  Is
> this still the official word?

That is still the offiicial word.

> I also tried to run an old executable bundle that runs fine on my
> PowerBook G4 on a new MBP but it wouldn't run.  I seem to recall that
> Rosetta would not work with OpenMCL images.  Is that correct?

Yes.

About a year ago, someone who worked for an organization that was
large enough to have an Apple Sales Rep whose job was roughly
"keep that organization happy and buying Macs" asked their Sales
Rep to ask around inside Apple to see if there were plans to
address the Rosetta exception-handling issues.  The answer they
got was that there were no such plans.