[Openmcl-devel] Weird bug

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Nov 5 21:32:30 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 7:28 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> when the IDE is running as a standalone application,
> the output side of that process's *terminal-io* is a sytem logging
> device; under Leopard at least, that output goes (reliably) to
> /var/log/system.log ; it can be viewed with Apple's "Console" program
> (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app.)

Ron,
I've run into similar issues but I always run cocoa code with a
console window open to see all the pretty messages I'm generating with
my misuse of the objective-c runtime ;^)

In all of the cases where I've landed in similar unresponsive IDE
states I've always had a slew of console messages that I could track
back to something I'd done that I shouldn't have.

The good news is that when your code does work properly on the lisp
side, and you see no console messages, you're probably not abusing the
cocoa side either.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.