[Openmcl-devel] Hemlock ain't Fred

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Tue Oct 30 04:23:17 PDT 2007

I see you found the answer, but just a caveat: I'm working on
changing all this.

Basically, as http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/CocoaIdeInternals
explains, Hemlock was written for a single-window single-process
environment, so something had to change to integrate it into
OpenMCL/Cocoa.  The particular way it was done is turning out to be
too fragile, so I'm working on plan B.  Editor commands will be
executed in the Cocoa event thread.   hi::*buffer-gap-context* is
going away.  There will be a user-friendly with-buffer macro if you
want to do stuff to a buffer outside the command execution context.

Gail