[Openmcl-devel] Clozure CL Interface Databases/Open Agent Engine

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Oct 30 23:55:43 PDT 2007

I was going to say something to the effect that I can't do anything to
fix the interface translator problems until Apple distributes the source
to the version of GCC that they use on Leopard.  I had a lengthy diatribe
prepared about how GCC is GPL'ed and therefore anyone distributing a
modified copy is legally obligated to make the source to those modifications
freely available.

Before sending that, I decided to check

<http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/>

As of a few days ago, the latest sources that were available there were
those from 10.4.8 (IIRC).  As of a few minutes ago, 10.4.9, 10.4.10, and
10.5 source directories were all present; the 10.5 directory seems to
include the source to gcc-5465 (Apple's version number), which corresponds
to what they distribute with Leopard.

Naturally, I'm extremely disappointed: an opportunity for a satisfying
(if futile) rant has been replaced with more work on the queue, and I
won't be able to blame Apple for missing Leopard interfaces anymore.

(I'll try to get to this late this week or early next.)