[Openmcl-devel] Core Animation ?

mikel evins mevins at mac.com
Thu Apr 10 12:54:00 PDT 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Didier Verna wrote:

>       Hello,
>
> is it possible to use Core Animation in CCL, and if so how ? For
> instance, objc-to-lisp-classname tells me that CALayer would be named
> c-a-layer, which doesn't look right, and there doesn't seem to be such
> class anyway.

Yes, it is possible, but there is some work involved. I expect that
before too long the CCL docs will include a HOWTO that shows how to do
it, but we are busy with some other release-related work right now.

In the meantime, I suggest reading Apple's Core Animation and KVO docs:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreAnimation_guide/Introduction/Introduction.html
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/KeyValueObserving/KeyValueObserving.html

If you figure out significant chunks of it, consider sharing what you
learn with the mailing list.

--me