[Openmcl-devel] Can I use ccl on freebsd os?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Sat Apr 19 21:42:31 PDT 2008

On Apr 19, 2008, at 10:52 PM, useada.u wrote:

> First time using Clozure CL and I found freebsd's makefile in ccl
> source.
> So can I use ccl on freebsd os?

If you are running FreeBSD/amd64, then the answer is yes.  See the
first paragraph on the following page: http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl

CCL doesn't run on any 32-bit x86 system yet.  Once we get CCL
basically working on Darwin/x86, we'll almost certainly get it running
on FreeBSD/x86 fairly soon afterwards.

By the way, the 32-bit x86 port is going to require a processor that
has SSE2, at least initially.  (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2#CPUs_supporting_SSE2
  for a list of processors that have SSE2).