[Openmcl-devel] Aquamacs can't find openmcl

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Aug 17 09:23:41 PDT 2008

Susan Epstein wrote:
> I have the 64-bit version of openmcl installed in ~/ccl on a Mac with
> an Intel Core 2 Duo and Aquamacs distribution 1.4.
>
> Per the instructions, I put
>   (setq inferior-lisp-program "~/ccl/scripts/ccl64")
> in
> ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/Preferences.el
>
> This should let me use SLIME from a file open in Aquamacs. But when I
> try
> M-x slime
> I get "no such file or directory, ~ccl/scripts/openmcl"

You have set this wrong.  Note that slime is NOT saying it can't find

~/ccl/scripts/ccl64

it's saying it can't find

~ccl/scripts/openmcl

Note that there is a slash missing in the latter.

The former will expand to something like

/Users/susan/ccl/scripts/ccl64

but that latter to something like

/Users/ccl/scripts/openmcl

Note also that the latter has the wrong script name (openmcl instead of
ccl64).

So probably something is overwriting your setting, or your email has a
cut-and-paste error somewhere.