[Openmcl-devel] CCL running natively in Web browser using Google Native Client

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Tue Dec 9 12:14:46 PST 2008

On Dec 9, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> now here is a crazy idea: how about running the Intel version of CCL
> on top of the new, and somewhat controversial, Google Native Client?

I wonder if it would pass validation. CCL would have to run inside the
Native Client runtime and some requirements must be met or the code
won't be allowed to run:

"At a high level, these rules specify 1) that all modules meet a set
of structural criteria that make it possible to reliably disassemble
them into instructions and 2) that modules may not contain certain
instruction sequences."

Not clear whether these requirements would be a real impediment to
hosting a lisp runtime and compiler.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.