[Openmcl-devel] number of args for #/addObserver:selector:name:object

Arthur W Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Wed Dec 17 02:50:26 PST 2008

Please advise me: I do not understand why 5 args are required.

;Compiler warnings for "/Users/arthur/goblin/current/openmcl.lisp" :
;   In USER-PICK-COLOR: In the call to NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|addObserver:selector:name:object:| with arguments ((NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|defaultCenter| NS:NS-NOTIFICATION-CENTER) (OBJC:@SELECTOR NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|NSWindowWillCloseNotification|) NIL PANEL),
;     4 arguments were provided, but at least 5 are required
;     by the current global definition of NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|addObserver:selector:name:object:|

Incidentally, the reason I'm doing this is to get a modal USER-PICK-COLOR function,
the only way I can think of getting a #/stopModal message is by reacting to the NSWindowWillCloseNotification, if anyone has advice on a better way I am all ears!

Arthur