[Openmcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Mon Feb 4 21:47:20 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Robert P. Goldman wrote:

> Gary Byers wrote:
>> I have no idea what that means.  (Well, it means that the lisp
>> received a SIGTRAP signal, which it should handle; I mean that
>> I have no idea why it didn't.)
>> What Linux distro ?  What (OS) kernel version ?
> Mandriva x86_64, kernel 2.6.17-14mdv
> By the way, I'm running quite successfully with the snapshot version.

Did you happen to follow these instructions?

If so, you might try changing the

$ svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/trunk/ccl
$ svn co http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl/branches/1.1/ccl

I'm not sure that will help.  Those two URLs are supposed to contain
the same stuff.  Maybe it's worth a try.  (Or if you're running the
snapshot, which contains cvs meta-information, you can do a cvs update.)

We're planning on making a new release Real Soon Now;  that should
help straighten some of this out.