[Openmcl-devel] CCL/OpenMCL *features*

Rainer Joswig joswig at lisp.de
Fri Jan 4 12:12:28 PST 2008

Am 04.01.2008 um 20:11 schrieb Gary Byers:

> I think that :DARWIN should be on *features* on any version intended
> to run on Darwin (and likewise the keywords :LINUX and :FREEBSD.) I'll
> try to ensure that that's true in the next release (and get the
> changes
> into CVS/SVN soon.)

Another *features* issue:

Clozure CL has :MCL on the feature list. I find that I need to edit
all kinds
of files because the #+mcl code does not run in Clozure CL
(lacks FRED, lacks the GUI, has different pathnames, etc.).

In those places I have to change #+MCL into
#+(and mcl (not clozure-common lisp))

and additionally I then need to add code with

#+clozure-common-lisp

Maybe it needs some shorter feature like :cl-cl or :clcl ?
Would it be :clozure? But that might conflict with code
that is only running within projects of the company Clozure ?

Should :mcl really be on the feature list?

Regards,

Rainer Joswig