[Openmcl-devel] CCL/OpenMCL *features*

bryan d. o'connor bryan-lisp at lunch.org
Fri Jan 4 13:09:23 PST 2008

> FYI, and in case someone can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong,
> I tried adding :darwin to *features* in my ccl-init.lisp file but that
> did not fix the problem with cl+ssl.  The reason is (as far as I can
> tell) that cffi only looks at symbols in *features* that are interned
> in the cffi-features package.  So I had to push 'cffi-features::darwin
> onto lisp:*features* to get cl+ssl to work without modification.

it looks like the code that CFFI uses to push cffi-features:xxx
symbols into *features* is based on some old logic.  right now
cffi-features:darwin only gets pushed if :darwinppc-target is
there.

i changed the offending line in src/cffi-openmcl.lisp to
           #+darwin-target     cffi-features:darwin

and cl+ssl loaded up without needing to push anything myself.

		...bryan