[Openmcl-devel] Solaris x86-64 and %gs

Chris Curtis enderx12 at mac.com
Mon Jan 7 10:26:47 PST 2008

(Replying to myself with some additional info...)

 From looking at lisp-kernel/thread-manager.c, it looks like
setup_tcr_extra_segment doesn't ever get called unless both HAVE_TLS
and X8664 are defined (in new_tcr), which may or may not be the case
for Solaris. So on the one hand, it looks like it *should* be possible
to run without HAVE_TLS and just get the tcr chain calloc'd. Is this
code path actually valid on any current platforms?

OTOH, all the asm macros refer to %rcontext (= %gs) so that doesn't
seem quite likely.

Deep knowlege helpful here. ;-)

--chris