[Openmcl-devel] Aha!

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Sun Jan 27 12:47:57 PST 2008

I think I've had a breakthrough!  It turns out that if you use my red-
green cursor blink hack and move the cursor around with the mouse or
the arrow keys then it DOES leave red and green squares behind.  It is
only when you actually type a close-paren that they get reset to
white, and then only in the same line as the cursor is currently on.

So I suspect that Hemlock is repainting the entire current line every
time you type a close-paren and hence undermining the matching-paren
highlighting.

Anyone know offhand where the code that does that repainting might be?

rg