[Openmcl-devel] iSight code?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun Jan 27 22:55:38 PST 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, Ron Garret wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2008, at 7:26 PM, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:
>

>> On Jan 27, 2008, at 7:35 PM, Ron Garret wrote:
>>

>> You need to load the appropriate shared libraries, too.
>>
>> ? (objc:load-framework "Quartz" :quartz)
>> NIL
>> ? (make-instance 'ns:q-c-view)
>> #<Q-C-VIEW <QCView: 0x1845e1e0> (#x1845E1E0)>
>> ?
>
> Ah.  But it doesn't work for me:
>
> ? (objc:load-framework "Quartz" :quartz)
> > Error: Unknown foreign type: :<CAC>ONSTRAINT<A>TTRIBUTE
> > While executing: CCL::%PARSE-FOREIGN-TYPE, in process Listener(104).
> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1>
> ? (objc:load-framework "QuartzCore" :quartzcore)
> > Error: Unknown foreign type: :<CAC>ONSTRAINT<A>TTRIBUTE
> > While executing: CCL::%PARSE-FOREIGN-TYPE, in process Listener(104).
> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
> > Type :? for other options.
> 1>
>
> I tried doing a CVS update and regenerating all my interface dirs, but
> that didn't help.

I don't know what's wrong with the interfaces that you generated.

You can (as of yesterdays's server upgrade) get a copy of the
darwin-x86-headers64 hierarchy (including .cdb files) from:

'http://clozure.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/darwin-x86-headers64.tar.gz?root=svn&view=tar'

(via curl/wget/something like that) or via a browser by clicking on the
"Download GNU tarball" link at:

<http://clozure.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/darwin-x86-headers64/?root=svn>

> It's progress though.  I can do this now:
>
> ? (ccl::make-objc-instance "QCView")
> #<Q-C-VIEW <QCView: 0x123b0840> (#x123B0840)>
> ?
>
> But this still doesn't work:
>
> ? (make-instance 'ns:q-c-view)
>
> > Error: Reader error: No external symbol named "Q-C-VIEW" in package
> #<Package "NS"> .

Sort of looks like an error occurred after the libraries were mapped
into memory but before the new ObjC classes/methods could be integrated
into CLOS.  (Perhaps an error involving the foreign type
:<CAC>ONSTRAINT<A>TTRIBUTE, which is just typedef'ed to "int".  Yep,
that would be my guess.)

I don't know why that type can't be resolved; some things that'd
sometimes make that hard (chains of forward references to other types)
don't seem to apply here, so something more mundane (pathname issues)
might be involved.