[Openmcl-devel] iSight code?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 28 00:01:34 PST 2008

> Except that it didn't produce the verbose output that I was expecting, and it
> ran really really fast, like less than a second for the whole thing.  And now
> everything is completely fubar:
>
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.1-r7902 (DarwinX8664)!
> ? (require 'cocoa)
>> Error: Unknown foreign type: :OBJC_OBJECT
>> While executing: %PARSE-FOREIGN-TYPE, in process listener(1).
>> Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>> Type :? for other options.
> 1>
>
> Grrrr....  that'll teach me to do a cvs update without a backup.  Wait!  I'm
> running Leopard!  I've got a time machine!
>
> rg

The easiest way to build interfaces in recent versions of the lisp
(since last summer sometime) is

? (create-interfaces :libc)  ; or :quartz, or whatever.

That'll run the FFI translator, then run PARSE-FFI twice; the
second pass is sometimes necessary to deal with things like

#define x y
#define y ...

The plan is to use svn (instead of cvs) in the next release (soon,
working on it); that has the nice benefit of allowing you to do

shell> svn revert ...

when you clobber something.

(The cost involves keeping redundant copies of everything in the
working directory, but that (disk space/bandwidth) may be minor
compared to "just hosed my image and no easy way to boostrap one.")