[Openmcl-devel] ABCL and early-unwinding in .net

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Thu Jun 12 16:05:57 PDT 2008

On Jun 12, 2008, at 4:19 PM, Hamilton Link wrote:

> Hold the phone, how did ABCL circumvent the .net exception unwinding
> process?  That's great news, everything I could find indicated there
> wasn't much of a way to do it short of using the .net runtime's
> debugger hooks in a separate bit of code that talked down into
> the .net-hosted lisp (and that seemed like a huge pain).  Do you
> know of a good link covering the details?

ABCL is for the JVM, not the CLR. I believe the solution is simple but
a bit of a performance hit: just put a catch block around any call out
to a Java method or any JVM instruction that may generate an
exception. But I could be wrong...

You can look at the source here: http://armedbear.org/abcl.html
--
Brian Mastenbrook