[Openmcl-devel] Problem installing Hunchentoot

Patrick May pjm at spe.com
Mon Jun 23 20:46:24 PDT 2008

On 23 Jun 2008, at 23:36, Robert Goldman wrote:
> Patrick May wrote:
>>  I'm just starting to use Clozure on a PowerBook G4, switching from
>> SBCL to get threading support on this machine.  My ccl-init.lisp
>> looks like this:
>> (require :asdf)
>> (pushnew "ccl:tools;asdf-install;" asdf:*central-registry*
>>         :test #'string-equal)
>> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :asdf-install)
>> (setq asdf-install:*verify-gpg-signatures* nil)
>> I've installed Hunchentoot successfully (at least, I see it under /
>> usr/local/asdf-install) with
>> (asdf-install:install :hunchentoot), but I'm unable to use it.
>> When I enter (require :hunchentoot) I get the error:
>> > Error: Module HUNCHENTOOT was not provided by any function on
>> *MODULE-PROVIDER-FUNCTIONS*.
>> > While executing: REQUIRE, in process listener(1).
>> > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
>> > Type :? for other options.
>> 1 > Clearly I have something misconfigured.  Any idea what?
>
> I think this is a simple misuse of ASDF (although I can't swear to
> it).
>
> SBCL is especially ASDF-friendly, and if you use REQUIRE, you get
> ASDF loading.  Most other lisps, I believe, require (sorry) you to
> use the ASDF function.
>
> So try
>
> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot)
>
> and see if that does the job.
>
> Best,

	Thanks for the quick response.  I should have mentioned that I tried
that as well.  The error message from this approach is:

 > Error: Error component "hunchentoot" not found
 > While executing: ASDF:FIND-SYSTEM, in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

Do I need an environment variable set?  How can I tell where it is
looking for the asdf installed files?

Thanks,

Patrick

----
pjm at spe.com
S P Engineering, Inc.
Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO systems design and
implementation.
(C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)