[Openmcl-devel] timer in openmcl

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 08:49:54 PST 2008

On Mar 2, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Osei Poku wrote:

> Is there a way to create and schedule a timer in openmcl similar to
> make/schedule/unschedule-timer in sbcl or lispworks?

You can use NSTimer:
<file:///Developer/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.CoreReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSTimer_Class/Reference/NSTimer.html

There is (was?) an example of its use to do simple NSBezierPath based
animation in the example code which was re-written by Gary Byers from
a broken attempt of mine several years back. Look for the method
animate-window for the NSTimer based implementation details. I attach
a somewhat updated version here: