[Openmcl-devel] isight video data stream

Marko Tapio Manninen mmstud at gmail.com
Sat May 17 23:27:17 PDT 2008

Hey, thats the most thorough answer i've ever get from
discussionboards! Thank you very much. Like someone said, it makes
sense for most parts for me too. At this point i want to write some
little nitches i found:

1) from emacs + slime i got stuch on last compile line ";Loading
#P"ccl:cocoa-ide;fasls;start.dx64fsl.newest"...". It never could end
this and processor  got whirling. I tried from opening dx86cl64 from
terminal and everything was ok. Strange enough, when i tried to load
and compile file again, it worked from slime too. It seems first load
is not working, but freezes ccl, and second load works...

2) at recording window im not sure, if recording starts at all or it
just does not open quicktime appliation, when i press stop button. So
i had to pre-open quicktime player and that way i got recorded and new
mov loaded to quicktime app. Oh, i saw path to Users/Shared and there
it was. So its just how to open quicktime app for showing recorded
file automatic.

3) this is going beyond apples example, but id put stop disabled at
application start and after pressing start, activate stop button,
disable start button. And finally vice versa. Is this done thru lisp
code or interface builder?

4) this also goes beyond apple example and was my initial goal. How
could i use the stream from isight like reading any data (was it text,
image, video,...) in lisp? To modify, analyzise... Im kind of after
data mining in this case.

I dont expect anything as thurough answer to these as much more work
and effort was done i could never think so far. Im going to work with
it and share it some time later, lets say as a "reciprocal service."

Not yet middleaged, but balding good way,
-Marko

BTW. i get processor consume with my macbook from ANY application,
that uses qt isight capture feature, was it online flash web cam
capture, photobooth capture,... so i dont think its lisp specific.