[Openmcl-devel] where is send-super?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Nov 5 23:44:45 PST 2008

The documentation (section 13.6.2, "Using objc:defmethod")  says:

"Within the body of methods defined via OBJC:DEFMETHOD, the local
function CL:CALL-NEXT-METHOD is defined. It isn't quite as general as
CL:CALL-NEXT-METHOD is when used in a CLOS method, but it has some of
the same semantics. It accepts as many arguments as are present in the
containing method's other-args list and invokes [the] version of the
containing method that would have been invoked on instances of the
receiver's class's superclass with the receiver and other provided
arguments. (The idiom of passing the current method's arguments to the
next method is common enough that the CALL-NEXT-METHOD in
OBJC:DEFMETHODs should probably do this if it receives no arguments.)"