[Openmcl-devel] logical pathnames not working with alias

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Thu Nov 13 16:43:11 PST 2008

Say if I make an alias of a folder called "sources" and put that into
the Clozure CL application folder and try to access a file via logical
pathname notation

(truename "ccl:sources;sample-file.lisp")

I am getting Error: File "ccl:sources; sample-file.lisp" does not exist

whereas the same works if sources is a regular, i.e., not an alias,
folder

This does not work either with the alias when using unix path notation:

(truename "/Applications/Clozure CL 1.2/sources/sample-file.lisp")

but again does work if sources is a real folder.

Does this mean that aliased folders cannot be used for some reason or
is there some flag that needs to be set?

Alex

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department