[Openmcl-devel] CCL IDE Pledge Drive Update

Andrew Shalit alms at clozure.com
Fri Nov 14 12:10:20 PST 2008

Hello CCL Users --

The Clozure CL Development Environment Pledge Drive is going well!

We have received pledges totaling $19,150.  That brings us over 90% of
the way to our goal of $20,000.

[Imagine thermometer graphic here, with red bar reaching almost to the
top.]

Please help us reach our goal, so we can get down to work building the
best Common Lisp IDE anywhere.  When we announced the Pledge Drive, we
requested pledges of $500 or more.  At this time, we'd like to open it
up to contributions of any amount.  Every little bit will help us
reach our goal of $20,000.

You can contribute directly through PayPal: just direct your payment "payments at clozure.com
".  To make a pledge or payment another way, please contact me at alms at clozure.com
.

Please make your pledge today.

To recap:

Our goal is to raise $20,000 to support two months of development on
the CCL IDE, running on Mac OS X.  This will allow us to greatly
improve the quality and reliability of the CCL IDE.  Specific work
will include

1. Improving and stabilizing the editor.  (Think Fred.)
2. Completing the other existing IDE tools (Processes, Apropos,
Inspect, Search Files).
3. Adding additional features and tools to the editor and the IDE
(e.g. multiple-font support, syntax coloring).
4. Simplifying the installation and build process to make CCL
available to more users, including Lisp newbies.
5. Reorganizing the IDE source code to encourage future development by
the CCL community.

Thanks to all the people who have pledged so far.  If you have not yet
pledged, please consider making a contribution to support our work on
this free, open source software.  We need your support to make this
happen.

Yours,

Andrew Shalit
Clozure Associates