[Openmcl-devel] Windows versions of CCL available for smoke-testing

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Oct 9 10:59:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Brian Mastenbrook wrote:

> Very cool. Is this fully relocatable? This is probably less of an issue on
> Win64, of course.

We don't do relocation correctly on ia32 yet

<http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/ticket/331>

(This would affect 32-bit Darwin and Linux as well as 32-bit Windows.)

> I'm also glad to see that the MinGW toolchain for x64 has matured to the
> point where it's useful. Did you run into any issues with it or did it seem
> to work as expected?

AFAIK (and as far as I remember), it's worked correctly.  The fact that
'long' is only 32 bits on win64 has sometimes meant that "correctly" and
"as expected" aren't quite the same thing.