[Openmcl-devel] Elf symbols doesn't work on linuxx86-64.

David Brown lisp at davidb.org
Mon Oct 13 21:58:39 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:32:44PM -0600, Gary Byers wrote:

> If you've described this (dead pointer) problem, I haven't seen the
> message.  I don't think that this is documented (well) anywhere; sorry
> if I'm repeating something that's in the manual.  (Actually, the manual
> seems to mention the issue but doesn't say what to do about it.)

Sorry, I should have been clearer, this is my bug, I just haven't
taken the time to track it down, since it only keeps me from saving
images.  I've just got a foreign pointer somewhere, but I don't know
where.

In any case, I managed to run the oprofile enough to figure out that
my program was doing fine.  I just needed to add ":nodelay t" to the
socket connections so that it didn't spend most of it time waiting for
Nagle and TCP delayed ack to fight with each other.

David