[Openmcl-devel] AppleScript'ing equivalents in Lisp?

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Tue Oct 21 06:23:08 PDT 2008

On Oct 21, 2008, at 5:55 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> You may wish to either change your initials to "gb", or change the
> path in
> the last line of that script.

and:

> We've now exhausted my knowledge of iTunes, I'm afraid.  (In
> particular,
> I don't know how to access the dialog that tells you every few days
> that a new version is available and that whatever you're doing can't
> be as important as downloading that new version and rebooting to
> install it.)

It should come as no surprise to readers of this list that I continue
to use ccl in no small part because of comedic gems such as these.
Others include the now famous: <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.openmcl.devel/1763
 > and: <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.openmcl.devel/2522/>

Have you considered having the banner print:

Welcome to Clozure Comic Lisp Version 1.2-r11053M  (DarwinX8664)! I'll
be here all week!; Try the lobster!

;^)

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
raffaelcavallaro at mac.com