[Openmcl-devel] Slime problem on windows

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Oct 22 03:14:57 PDT 2008

The procedure for getting a CCL distribution from the svn trunk is
described at:

<http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/TrackingTheTrunk>

The way that things are put together depends heavily on "svn:externals"
properties (these let distributions for different platforms share the
same sources and auxiliary files.)  A real svn client understands
what these "properties" are; a web browser probably doesn't.

(To be fair, I've seen some GUI svn clients on the Mac that didn't
seem to understand externals properties, either.)

I've only ever used the Cygwin svn client on Windows; I assume that
command-line clients from (at least) CollabNet

<http://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion/>

would also work fine, as would at least some GUI clients.

You could hunt and peck and download individual components via http,
but the result would be less than optimal for a variety of reasons.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Marko KociÄ~G wrote:

> 2008/10/22 Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com>:
> What does
>
> ? (probe-file "ccl:")
>
> return (in the *inferior-lisp* buffer, after the error) ?

? (probe-file "ccl:")
#P"c:/lisp/app/ccl/"
?

> REQUIRE should find "XREF" in "ccl:lib;xref.lisp", assuming that
> the logical pathname translations for "ccl:" are reasonable.
>
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Marko KociÄ~G wrote:
>

>> Am I missing something?
>
> You may be missing the rest of the distribution; at the very least,
> REQUIRE doesn't seem to be able to find something that should be part
> of the distribution.

What should I download? There were only these two files in win32 folder.
Sorry for asking something perhaps obvious, this is my first time
playing with this implementation.

Regards,
Marko