[Openmcl-devel] string-output-stream thread unsafety with hunchentoot (ccl, darwin/x86-64)

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Thu Apr 9 07:28:19 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I've just spent a few hours chasing what seems to be a thread unsafety
issue with ccl on darwin (I'm running on a x86-64 machine) and
hunchentoot 1.0: at least this is where it's easiest to reproduce.
There's a reduced test case (may even count as small if you discount
hunchentoot and its deps) at <http://paste.lisp.org/display/78304#2>.
I've tested with Clozure CL version 1.3-dev-r11918 and 1.3-dev-r11912.

I am seeing breakage like the backtrace pasted above the test case;
other nasty things have been happening, too, like ccl terminating with
a Bus Error when it's running in slime.

According to Hans Hübner on #lisp, this isn't reproducible on
FreeBSD/x86, so may be a darwin-related issue.

Please let me know if there is any more information you need to debug this,
Andreas Fuchs, (http://|im:asf@|mailto:asf@)boinkor.net, antifuchs

More information about the Openmcl-devel mailing list