[Openmcl-devel] string-output-stream thread unsafety with hunchentoot (ccl, darwin/x86-64)

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Apr 10 13:25:11 PDT 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Gary Byers wrote:

> It's also possible (and very, very occasionally useful) to create
> a thread that doesn't use standard initial bindings (including
> the binding of CCL::%STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM-IOBLOCKS%.)  That thread
> basically wants to run in a very constrained and controlled
> environment.

I've recently noticed that some code is creating threads without
standard initial bindings.  The most recent bordeaux-threads sources
seem to do this in openmcl.lisp:

(defun %make-thread (function name)
   (ccl:process-run-function (list :name name :use-standard-initial-
bindings nil)
                             function))

This is probably not a great idea...