[Openmcl-devel] [babel-devel] Changes

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 07:08:15 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM, Dan Weinreb <dlw at itasoftware.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why.  If code-char is allowed to return nil,
> explicitly, in the CL standard, why consider that to be
> a babel test failure?

Suppose (code-char 237) returned NIL instead of #\í. That's allowed by
the CL standard, but I'm positive some Babel test should fail because
of that.

One might argue that Babel's expectation of being able to encode every
code point as a character is not reasonable, but that's the current
expectation and the test suite reflects that. (And it passes in all
Lisps except CCL.)

If it helps, we can split such a test away from the roundtrip test,
though, and mark it as an expected failure on CCL, for example.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/