[Openmcl-devel] universal binaries

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Fri Apr 17 08:21:30 PDT 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:
> Terje's approach with the shell script may work but I would not
> like the idea of the finder not recognizing the universal binary as
> such.

It is important for me as well to be able to create LISP applications
that appear 100% as expected for the Mac end user (aka "The
Customer"). Using a work-around in place of a true universal binary
may or may not take you all the way.

In place of the script, you could use a small program compiled as a
universal binary in the app bundle, with purpose to start/orchestrate
the correct edition of your LISP application.

One issue when starting the LISP app from a script (or other program)
is that multiple icons may show up on the dock. To avoid the display
of an icon for the script, I place the following in the Info.plist in
the .app bundle:

	<key>LSBackgroundOnly</key>
   	<string>1</string>

-- Terje Norderhaug