[Openmcl-devel] Contrib: list-definitions.lisp

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Tue Aug 11 03:29:04 PDT 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 8:52 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> some minor issues relevant to large files. I find the list produced
> still a bit hard to parse. Some suggestions:

Good suggestions.

> Finally, not sure this is a bug or feature. The list appears to be
> incomplete at first. One has to scroll through the entire buffer to
> get the complete list. Is this by choice?

I'm not getting this.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Scrolling through an enormous menu is annoying, but the finished
utility will also include a positions history list of about 25
entries.  In practice, you will be using the positions history list
most of the time and only occasionally access the full definitions list.

The positions history list will  be persistent.

MCL, of course, displayed definitions in a dialog.  For short and
average length files, a popup menu is better, but for really large
files maybe a dialog would be good.

Opinions?