[Openmcl-devel] Trunk and released version

Arthur W Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Thu Aug 13 04:31:39 PDT 2009

For weeks I've been having lots of trouble trying to move a project from ccl1.3 to ccl1.4, on PPC-32.
It starts ok. From my most recent svn update, yesterday:
[  Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-dev-r12561M-trunk  (DarwinPPC32)!  ]

I note that trac.clozure.com/openmcl says that
 "The most recent released version of Clozure CL is version 1.3."

Perhaps the root of my troubles is that 1.4 is indeed a development version, but I also get the
impression from the mailing list that everybody else is using it satisfactorily. I'm afraid of
getting left behind.

Is there a 'release version' of 1.4 for ppc32?

Is anybody interested to hear my problems with ccl 1.4, on code that works with ccl 1.3?

- a form like
   (dolist (X list-of-xs    expr-not-using-X)
       (declare (type mytype X))
       stuff-involving-X)
  provoking a complaint that NIL is not of type MYTYPE

- a (MAKE-mystruct :A a :B b :C c ... :M (nth 14 list) :N (nth 15 list))
  using NIL for M and N despite the list containing fixnums in positions 14 and 15

- going into unwakeable slumber when compiling a 26mb file containing
  machine-generated expressions for initialising a datastructure

Arthur