[Openmcl-devel] Failing to build 64 bit ccl/x86

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Tue Aug 18 09:07:59 PDT 2009

On 18 Aug 2009, at 16:13, Gary Byers wrote:

> Someone else who failed to notice the fine print about "svn update"
> not updating binaries wound up with both the old kernel and old image
> after the recent change; they reported (I think that they just sent
> email to me) that the first file that was compiled after the file
> containing COMPILE-FILE ("ccl:lib;nfcomp") caused a fasl version
> mismatch error when it was loaded. (COMPILE-FILE had been updated to
> use the new fasl version; the loader in the old image still insisted
> on the old version.)

That was me, and I am pretty sure that this diagnosis is right: it all
fell to bits at the point it tried loading fasls from the new compiler
in the old image / kernel.

I now have an option to my update script to blow away the 4 concerned
files and let SVN restore them if need be (though there hasn't been
another version change since I had the trouble).