[Openmcl-devel] Two quick questions

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Tue Aug 25 01:44:03 PDT 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 7:50 PM, Ron Garret wrote:

> 2.  This is a before-I-reinvent-the-wheel kind of question: MCL had a
> facility that would put the docstring of a symbol in a pop-up window.
> Does this exist in CCL?  If so, how do you access it?

Ron,

If you decide to do one of these, here's a wish list:

I always liked MCL's abbreviated :CL symbol documentation.  It was
usually adequate without invoking the HyperSpec, and it launched
immediately.  It's in the "MCL Help" file.

If we could borrow that doc, the pop-up window could initially use it
for :CL symbols.  The window would also have a "HyperSpec" button.
Clicking it would launch the HyperSpec viewer for a second, more
elaborate, opinion.

The MCL doc does have some MCL specific stuff that would have to be
edited or eliminated.  Just a thought.