[Openmcl-devel] ccl manual (was Re: trace on recursive functions)

Philippe Sismondi psismondi at arqux.com
Thu Dec 10 12:52:17 PST 2009

On 2009-12-10, at 2:20 PM, Tom Emerson wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:11 PM, R. Matthew Emerson
> <rme at clozure.com> wrote:
>
>> The manual is in DocBook, and it is rather painful to edit (at
>> least for me it is).  Emacs's nXML mode keeps me from producing
>> invalid structure, but still, DocBook is big and complicated.
>
> Is there a compelling reason to keep the manual in DocBook?
>
> Not only is it painful to edit, setting up the tool chain to build the
> documentation can be a RPITA. Is there interest in moving to another
> system? I'd be interested in helping with such a transition. As an
> example, LaTeX is (IMHO) easier to deal with in the large, has
> excellent pre-packaged distributions on multiple platforms, and
> excellent support in Emacs.
>
>    -tree
>
> --
> Tom Emerson
> tremerson at gmail.com
> http://treerex.blogspot.com/

Perhaps this is an area in which I could assist. I am quite new to
Lisp, but not so new to doing documentation.

I am not the least perturbed by the effort of using docbook, or any
other tool (so long as it is not MS Word ;-). Moreover, I would
certainly expect to do the tedious part of document maintenance, but
under the watchful eye of a ccl expert.

May I be of some assistance here? If so, kindly suggest the next step
to take.

- P -