[Openmcl-devel] ccl manual (was Re: trace on recursive functions)

Gail Zacharias gz at clozure.com
Sat Dec 12 07:12:08 PST 2009

The advantage of using the wiki, rather than docbook or latex or
s-expressions, as the source, is that it's a wiki.  The barrier to
fixing a typo or improving an explanation as you're looking at it is
much lower in a wiki, compared to having to go off and find the
source elsewhere, locate the paragraph, make the change, submit a patch.

FWIW, the problem with DocBook is not XML per se, it's the amount of
boilerplate you have to put in for every definition, even if you
don't use any of those fabulous fancy features the boilerplate
enables (and we never will, because history tells us that sooner or
later we'll need to move to yet another system, so the simpler we
keep the doc, the better).  Using s-expressions of our own design
would certainly let us avoid that problem, but s-expressions are
still pretty verbose.  If we're going to stick with having the master
source be in subversion rather than wiki, I do like LaTex the best.