[Openmcl-devel] ccl manual (was Re: trace on recursive functions)

Andrew Shalit alms at clozure.com
Sat Dec 12 13:11:25 PST 2009

On Dec 12, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Ron Garret wrote:

> Don't confuse "the wiki" with "a wiki".  It is true that whether or not THE wiki is used matters (depending on the binding of THE).  But that is not what I said.  What I said was that it is orthogonal whether or not *A* wiki is used.  Obviously, if you wanted to edit the source material in S-expressions you'd want to select *A* wiki that allowed you to do that.

As long as we're building our own wiki, let's make one that is designed for creating structured documents (e.g. books, documentation, etc) rather than the unstructured rambling that most extant wikis are designed for.  There's no reason you couldn't have a wiki-look tool that enforced the structure of paragraphs, sections, definitions, etc.  Of course, with the push of a button it would produce a book.  Seems like there'd be a great demand for something like this: a collaborative authoring tool for non-trivial documents.  When I looked around for something like it a couple of years ago, I came up empty.  But maybe times have changed and there's something that fits this bill now.  If not, maybe some enterprising open source people will create one!