[Openmcl-devel] ccl manual (was Re: trace on recursive functions)

Andrew Shalit alms at clozure.com
Mon Dec 14 08:11:18 PST 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 8:37 PM, Ron Garret wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Andrew Shalit wrote:
>
>> On Dec 12, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Ron Garret wrote:
>>
>>> Don't confuse "the wiki" with "a wiki".  It is true that whether or not THE wiki is used matters (depending on the binding of THE).  But that is not what I said.  What I said was that it is orthogonal whether or not *A* wiki is used.  Obviously, if you wanted to edit the source material in S-expressions you'd want to select *A* wiki that allowed you to do that.
>>
>> As long as we're building our own wiki,
>
> Let's not go overboard.  Building a wiki from scratch is not such an easy thing to do.  It's much harder than extending an existing wiki (and extending Trac in particular) to allow the structured source material to be written using sexprs.

I agree that my proposal is too much work.  I made that proposal because I thought that you're proposal was too much work as well.  It was an attempt at sarcasm through reductio ad absurdum.  Clearly failed.

On the other hand, I do think the world would benefit from a tool for collaboratively authoring structured documents, with the feel of a wiki.  I can imagine many many people using such a thing.