[Openmcl-devel] Building CCL with readline?

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Tue Feb 3 17:22:41 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:23 PM, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 Feb 2009, at 23:01, Richard Newman wrote:
>
>>> How would I ago about linking CCL against readline (any variant) during
>>> build?
>>
>> I would suggest investigating whether rlwrap will meet your needs before
>> you go down this route:
>>
>> http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/uck/rlwrap/
>> http://www.weitz.de/completions.html
>
> It does the job beautifully.  This will solve the same annoyance in other
> contexts as well!
> Thanks.
>
> - D

I use rlwrap all the time, including with CCL, and it works well.
There's one small annoyance however: multiline input is recorded as
separate lines.  This means that if you paste in a long form, you will
have to scroll back through each of those lines individually to get to
the input before that.  And, you can't resend the same form when it
was originally on separate lines.  I don't think that this problem
exists with readline when it's linked in to the program.

Liam